Many are comparing Peach to Snapchat and Twitter. Here are a few quick observations on what makes it unique:
- Users are incentivized to post more often to bump their profile to the top of their friends’ feed.
- Unlike Twitter, no one person can spam your feed (as Josh Constine noted on Twitter). Each post is grouped with your profile.
- Similar to Snapchat, you must friend someone to see their feed, with exception to the friends of friends feed.
- Unlike Snapchat, you can find new people in the friends of friends feed, although a chronological list probably isn’t the best sorting.
- The more friends you have, the further your posts spread via the friends of friends feed.
We’ve been having fun with the Product Hunt 🍑 account, seeing as much/sometimes more engagement than on Twitter, although anything new often attracts more attention at first.
P.S. I’m rrhoover on 🍑. Send me boops!